Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What happen to staying little?



This is Jordan. Ain't she cute?
I started watching Jordan and her siblings when I was 16
She used to tell me she never wanted to grow up
&& that she wanted to stay little forever.
She used to hold my hand when we crossed the street,
&& want to wear makeup for fun.
We used to watch High School Musical together,
&& make up silly dances.
She used to ride the lawn mower around the yard && pretend she was driving.
She used to sit on my lap, && tell me boys were gross,
&& comfort me about breakups.

Then she started liking boys,
&& stopped holding my hand,
&& stopped needing a babysitter.
She got even more pretty,
&& started going on dates,
&& wearing makeup all the time,
I have shed a tear or 2 watching her grow.
Now she goes to dances for real,
&& I started comforting her about breakups.
&& as of last week, she drives, not just the lawn mower.
&& now SHE'S 16
Happy 16th Birthday Jordan.
What happen to staying little?


No comments:

Post a Comment