Thursday, March 10, 2011

New "Job?"

So as with any typical Farmer's wife, I believe almost everyone of them, (unless they make 6 ish digits) feels remorse about not pulling their own weight or their weight compared to their husbands job. I cut hair, and I <3 my job & what I do but obviously I make no where near what my husband does. I am not saying that we are rich by any means but everyone knows a good farmer can make a good living. Well I have been carrying this burden on me for sometime now about not making near what Farmer does. He doesn't feel I should, and maybe it's a power thing? I don't know but anyway, on this past Monday. {{Note- The following was all Farmer's idea}} We traveled to the big city, and bought us one of them fancy typing machines, aka: Computer, also we bought Quickbooks, with all intentions that at next tax season there would be no more panicking and scrambling to find receipts and scrapes of papers with numbers on them to hand to the CPA.  So yup, I was hired by the boss man, to be Farmer's Wife: Official Book Keeper of All! So on my days off Mondays & Thursdays, (don't judge I work Saturdays so I work 5 days like everyone else, funky hours but I am at the salon at least 5 days a week!) :) I am to sit at this computer (which is amazing!) and plug number and receipts into the system, them file them neatly into the cabinet, then when the year rolls around for taxes, it is a simple , CLICK:: PRINT:: BOX::& STORE. Simple right?! Have you ever looked at Quickbooks? Or Farmer's old way of "filing" and "organizing". HA! Well simply put, I have my work cut out for me!
On the bright side my new "Job" has some perks,
1.) I choose my hours
2.) I can take a nap at work if needed
3.) required dress code: PJ's and Hair up!
4.) I can do my laundry between loads (see below)

5.) Well... lets just say sucking up to the boss isn't frowned upon in my new establishment. :)

My Office. :)
Dell inspiron one, huge and touchscreen moniter, cordless keyboard and mouse, Jealous?
Yup, unfortunatly, I share my "office" with dumb and dumber.
Wish me luck!! Untill next time, Keep on Farmin'!

1 comment:

  1. Dumb and dumber, haha :) your office it so cute!! And I love seeing pictures of your life/personal space! Does this mean you'll blog more?!

    ReplyDelete