Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Toddlers.

As I've been getting a lot of feedback on my comeback of blogging. I feel some people may have missed the intentions of my first one.
so.
Disclaimer: I am not by any means blogging again to start wars, drama, call people out, or to light the fuse to a ticking time bomb of internal anger and start blogging or social media , behind your back wars. I am strictly blogging because it's an outlet. An outlet for me. To vent, to just be honest and raw. I think in everyone's lives comes a life changing moment, I believe I have had mine and I am hear to turn my extra thoughts and energy into hopefully words of fun, laughs, encouragement, your not alone, its ok to feel that way in hopes of helping or making someone see the light.
end disclaimer.




My frustration this week.
My toddler.


I used to chuckle at the lady or parents in the store or anywhere who's child was misbehaving, laying on the ground, or sprinting 10 yards in from the them while they frantically try to put things back on the shelves in a hot sweaty mess. I have 4 words for my former thoughts.
I. TAKE. IT. BACK
I have on occasion become that parent. I believe and have been told my parenting ways so far have been good. He seems to behave most of the time but as we creep closer and closer to age 2. I feel my parenting confidence going out the door. I know now that most of the time when I used to see those parents that it's not their parenting, its most likely the age of the child. Did you read that correctly? The AGE of the child, not the CHILD. I have been told to just keep going and HE will grow out of it. HE did you read that correctly. I am also saying that I believe some of my little's behavior is fully the fact that he's his fathers son. Quite literally he's a boy. He's full of energy, bull headed and independent. I hope and pray he grows out of this quickly. It's not bad all of the time but it is getting hard to remember and see the good times, when you feel like a hot mess all of time. I'm sure from the outside people think he's just fine and just energetic, all the while I am chasing, and trying to look like a put together mom who teachers manners all the time. I try I really do, but sometimes I feel its a losing battle and when he's a little older something will snap and he will walk nicely and upright while holding my hand, he will not hit when frustrated and will not scream randomly.
until then I think I will buy stock in band aides, earplugs, and coffee.













No comments:

Post a Comment